Westmoore: More players need to step up...
By Justin Hite
Westmoore: In need of additional playmakers
The Jaguars have two quality playmakers in their roster and on Friday night, they went to them consistently. Cody Feuerburn ran the ball 40 times — just less than 80 percent of the total carries. Daulton Craig caught 80 percent of the passes for 78 percent of the yards.
This week they’ll need to find more playmakers against Southmoore on Friday. Coach Billy Langford thinks they already have plenty; the others just didn’t need to make plays on Friday.
“We’ve got some young guys, a couple young guys that are developing,” he said. “Really our other guys didn’t have a big opportunity to make many plays the other night. We saw Dalton was open and we were throwing him the football quite a bit. We were able to run it with Cody so much that they didn’t really have an opportunity to step up.”
Westmoore: Langford’s “Bad Boy” ways
Westmoore’s coaching staff got a good laugh at the expense of head coach Billy Langford this past weekend. Langford played quarterback at Blanchard and the staff heard from Langford’s former coach about how physical he used to be on the field and how he used to take on linebackers.
Billy “Bad Boy from Blanchard” Langford is what they call him now.
“They are just busting my chops about it,” Langford said, joking that they’re all lies.
Coach, I’m sure there’s a little bit of truth to those “rumors.” It’s never a bad thing if your coach is fearless.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 20729Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17578Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 11978Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10703Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 8989Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8551Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 8339Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7784Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4976Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
- 4468Woman arrested on complaint of offering to engage in act of prostitution in Midwest City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients