Game preview: Star Spencer at Southeast
Star Spencer (0-1) at Southeast (1-0)
When: 7:30 p.m. Thursday
Where: C.B. Speegle Stadium
Why Star could win: The Bobcats have had a very good week of practice in response to a bad loss in Week 1. The team is filled with new starters, so there’s a learning curve involved. The Bobcats were frustrated by how well Southeast ran the football against them in the All-City Preview, so I’d expect that issue to be resolved this time around.
Why Southeast could win: coach Michael Branch is motivated to get this team back to doing things the right way, starting with fundamentals. And that’s been a big focus after some blocking and tackling issues last week in the win over US Grant. Jay Gogue is a solid dual-threat QB, and he helps anchor the defense as well.
Quote: “I know one thing, Michael Branch will have his team ready to play. I played against Southeast last year when I was at US Grant, and they definitely look improved.” – Star Spencer coach Terrell Love
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 13567Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 12400Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 6766Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients