Southmoore: Jackson Stallings emerging...
By Justin Hite
Of all the players that performed well last Saturday against Edmond North, one made an impact in Southmoore coach Chris Jensen’s mind.
Sophomore tight end Jackson Stallings was asked to replace Austin Haywood this season and so far, he’s done exactly what’s asked of him.
“Austin is not a guy that you can replace, but Jackson, for what we are asking him to do, has really pleased us as an offensive staff,” Jensen said.
Big plays were the name of the game last Saturday as Southmoore came from behind to beat Edmond North.
There was Kendal Thompson’s 61-yard touchdown pass to Caleb Willis in the second quarter and then Andrew Long’s 75-yard touchdown run a few minutes later.
Long scored on an 80-yard carry in the third quarter and had multiple runs of 40 or more yards sprinkled in throughout the contest.
Because of those big plays, Southmoore didn’t have to grind out any long drives and control the clock. Big plays are always nice to have, but can’t be something the SaberCats get used to.
“You can never count on it and you have to have the discipline to move the ball down the field and not make mistakes,” Southmoore coach Chris Jensen said. “Obviously, big plays are big. They are a back breaker for the defense. … We are capable of it, but you can’t rely on it.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients