Deer Creek vs. Shawnee Capsule...
By Robert Przybylo
Deer Creek (1-0) at Shawnee (0-1)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: Jim Thorpe Stadium
Deer Creek (W – Piedmont 35-14)
Why the Antlers can win: Because this is a bruising team. Whether it’s Alex Christensen or Colten Sander, there is some strong power in this running game. And if you get caught up with that, then sophomore Joel Blumenthal can surprise you with his arm.
That was a great start to the season, but this is a big one. These are the type of games that we have to win.” – Sander
Why the Wolves can win: Because they’re finally home. It’s a different feel starting the season with a home game that is at Tecumseh. Bartlesville showed the Wolves what 6A is all about. They’re licking their wounds and should be ready for some revenge against Deer Creek.
Key matchup: Shawnee passing game vs. Deer Creek secondary. It’s a step up for the Antlers defense to face a talented quarterback like Brayle Brown. The Antlers have solid DBs such as Shawn McLaws and stopping WR Leon Davis is going to be the biggest task.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients