Ed North vs. Choctaw Capsule...
By Robert Przybylo
Edmond North (0-1) at Choctaw (1-0)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
North (L – Southmoore 40-19)
Why the Huskies can win: Despite the loss to the SaberCats, North racked up a whole bunch of yards on offense. Jarion Tudman proved to be as every bit explosive as previously thought. And if it’s not Tudman, then Troy Davis can step in and use his power.
That was a good first step. I’m not worried at all about how we’re going to end up. We’ll be fine going forward.” – coach Jeremy Dombek
Why the Yellowjackets can win: Because this team has some firepower. Most thought Choctaw would beat Putnam West, but it’s a great sign that Choctaw was able to get 42 points. Coach Bill Bays thought the team would have more options, and he’s been right.
Key matchup: North passing game vs. Choctaw secondary. Travis Townsend started out fast for the Huskies but couldn’t find his rhythm in the second half. He’s got plenty of targets to choose from and that should prove to be the difference.
The pick: Edmond North 29, Choctaw 20. I’m thinking Tudman ends up going off in this game. He put the ball on the ground a couple of times, but he should be OK. If he gets into the open field, good chance you’re not going to catch him.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients