Moore vs. Norman Capsule
By Justin Hite
Moore Lions (0-1) at Norman Tigers (1-0)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Why the Lions can win: The Lions showed last Friday that they could never be counted out of a game. There’s plenty of momentum to run with after nearly coming back against Westmoore. Quarterback Vova Razryvin took his game to another level in the final eight minutes of that game. If Razryvin can find that level again, there’s Moore than a chance for the Lions.
Quote: “I think we are a better football team at this point right now than we ever were last year. That’s going to continue to get better.” – Coach Scott Myers
Why the Tigers can win: Because Greg Nation’s team showed it will be a force to contend with last week. It’s not just playmakers Donovan Roberts and Jaime Myers, either. The defense was a big reason for last week’s ‘upset’ victory.
Key matchup: Norman running game vs. Moore defensive front. Moore was cut up on the ground last week and gave up more than 300 yards. Norman ran over Norman North on the way to an upset. That doesn’t bode well for Lions, but looks good for Norman. If the front seven don’t sure up it could be a long day.
The pick: Norman 24, Moore 7. Norman will be too strong on the ground for the Lions. Don’t be surprised to see nearly 400 yards on the ground for the Tigers.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 33746Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15554Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10129Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9883Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9568Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8114Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8089Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7436Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6757Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6289UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients