Private schools honor: Cassius Calhoun, Casady...
By Robert Przybylo
I was all set for Garrison Lee to become the star running back for Casady this season. But when I talked to him, he mentioned a fella by the name of Cassius Calhoun.
Say wha? I know why now. Calhoun, a transfer from Richardson, Texas, brings the goods every game and had that bust out performance Friday in a win against OCS.
Calhoun scored three times as Casady earned its first win with an impressive showing against the Saints. He’s earned the Private Schools Player of the Week.
Just a junior, Calhoun is one of several crazy-talented 11th graders on this team. Oh, and Lee? Well, he’s become one of the unquestioned leaders on defense.
Nick Callaway, Bishop McGuinness, Football: I know him on defense, but he wrote his name in Irish lore with the TD reception with :17 left against rival Bishop Kelley.
Barry J. Sanders, Sterling Shepard and Cooper Cloud, Heritage Hall, Football: Each in one way or another accounted for two touchdowns in a win against Clinton.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients