LOCK: Cole Swayze, Purcell too much for Lexington...
By Robert Przybylo
Oh, Lexington fans are hating/laughing at me. In each of the first two weeks, I have picked Sulphur and Little Axe to take out the Bulldogs.
And in each of the first two weeks, I have had egg on my face. Well, why stop now? Lexington welcomes Purcell in a bitter grudge match Friday night.
This game is more than a battle between the Dragons’ star Cole Swayze and Lexington’s Travelle Pelkey, but I am interested to see what these two are able to do.
I won’t be in attendance, but it’s definitely important enough that we’re sending our Norman writer James Corley to Lexington.
For those that don’t know, Lexington is a hop-and-skip away from Purcell. Seriously, look it up on MapQuest. It’s 1.45 miles away and a whole 3 minute-drive between the two towns.
Ultimately, I believe Swayze is going to be the difference. But the Dragons do have a lot of other weapons, namely Damian Shea.
Shea has rushed for more than 200 yards and three touchdowns in the first two games. Swayze has put up some gaudy numbers. He’s rushed for 267 yards and three touchdowns. His accuracy hasn’t been great in the passing game, but Swazyze is averaging more than 20 yards per completion with a couple of touchdowns.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24112Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13400Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10660Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10343UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7789Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6928Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6551Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6286Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6076Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4932OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients