Softball: Edmond North, Carl Albert take the top spots...
By Robert Przybylo
It happened a week after I thought it would occur, but the softball coaches are ‘finally’ in agreement with yours truly about the top team in 6A and 5A.
Edmond North is now the top dog in 6A while the same can be said for Carl Albert in 5A, replacing Jenks and Lawton MacArthur.
Jenks didn’t fall to No. 2, though. No, the former No. 1 team plummeted down to No. 5. Yukon has crept back into the second slot, followed by Broken Arrow and Moore.
The Huskies defeated rivals Santa Fe and Memorial last week and now play Choctaw in their first game with the target on their back.
In 5A, the Highlanders only dropped to No. 2. I wouldn’t worry about that team. It’s more about what CA has done than what LM hasn’t.
The Titans have been phenomenal the last month despite an extra inning loss to Moore last weekend. CA’s first game at No. 1 is against Piedmont on Tuesday.
Almost had a change in 4A even though Little Axe didn’t lose. And you know what? I almost agree with it. The Indians are at No. 1 by one point ahead of Blanchard.
The Lions have had a real good couple of weeks, including wins against Moore and Jenks. They have a real battle with Tuttle on Tuesday.
The rest of your No. 1-ranked teams remain the same with Purcell (3A), Healdton (2A), Fort Cobb-Broxton (A) and Leedey (B).
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 72931Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14541Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8647Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7401How to help tornado victims
- 6540Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6504Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6358Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6112Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5411Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 5319Details emerge about memorial service for Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients