Southmoore: Explosive offense making up for mistakes...
By Justin Hite
After fumbling on its first two drives against Westmoore, the Southmoore offense exploded. The SaberCats scored three times in only 2:52. Kendal Thompson opened the flurry when he found tight end Jackson Stallings with 35 seconds left in the first quarter.
Andrew Long continued it only 42 seconds into the second quarter on a 5-yard run. Southmoore got the ball back after another three-and-out and Tre Edwards found Thompson on a skinny post for a 26-yard touchdown toss. Southmoore didn’t score for another 22:27.
The Southmoore SaberCats have hurt themselves the past two weeks as much as their opponents have.
Against Edmond North, the SaberCats found themselves in a two-score hole early, and in Week 2, Southmoore committed 15 penalties for 130 and fumbled the football five times, losing four.
Southmoore coach Chris Jensen was very clear after the Friday’s 49-27 victory against Westmoore about how the SaberCats will respond.
“We’ll get it fixed,” he said.
Southmoore faces Moore at 7:30 p.m. Friday at Moore Stadium.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14558OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11841Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8216Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6574Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6065Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5464Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4374Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4081'Hatchet hitchhiker' arrested after attorney found dead
- 4060Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4007Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients