Scott's Lock: Elgin over Tuttle
During preseason conversations with coaches who had seen Elgin, I could tell they thought the Owls were going to be good. Just how good, it was hard to tell, and with that loaded District 4A-1, it’s tough to get a lot of attention. But Elgin has burst out of the gate, making itself known quickly.
And I think it continues this week. Tuttle is a good team that staggered in Week 1 with the loss to Cache, before bouncing back last week to win a rivalry game against Newcastle.
But with Garrett Lorah running the show, the Elgin offense has been rolling. Lorah, a junior, has completed 68 percent of his passes so far, throwing for 484 yards and four TDs with one pick. They’re averaging 42 points a game and giving up just 6. Dakota Pearson has rushed for 307 yards and four scores, averaging 8.3 yards per carry.
For the Tuttle fans looking to discredit me, look no further than last week’s lock of Lawton Mac over Lawton, which Lawton won 41-9. So I’m 1-1 on the season, looking for a bounce-back game. It always feels better to go into district play with a winning record.
– Scott Wright, firstname.lastname@example.org
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients