Casady vs. Houston Kinkaid Capsule...
By Robert Przybylo
Casady (1-2) at Houston Kinkaid (3-0)
When: 7 p.m. Thursday
Where: Houston Kinkaid
Casady (L – FWAll Saints 26-7, L – Heritage Hall 35-16, W – OCS 26-13)
Why the Cyclones can win: Because the offense is catching up to the defense. Garrison Lee and Graham Bennett are anchoring a strong defense. And now quarterback Mac Katigan and running back Cassius Calhoun are starting to click. The running game was deadly in the win against the Saints last week.
It’s tough to make these long drives, and it cuts out on your practices. But this isn’t the first time we’ve done this, and I know our guys are pumped up for this one.” – coach Koby Scoville
Why Kinkaid can win: Because this team is better than the bunch that lost 14-7 last year at Hoot Gibson Field. Stephen Hill has come on as the new coach and has this team rolling. Kinkaid has been dominant in its first three games and is extremely confident.
Key matchup: Cassius Calhoun vs. Kinkaid defensive line. Calhoun busted out for three touchdowns. He knows there is going to be a lot more attention paid to him now. How will he react to that? Success in the running game can open up Katigan’s attack with Michael Perry leading the way.
The pick: Houston Kinkaid 20, Casady 16. Think this one will be closer than some people expect. Cyclones are finding their footing but face an uphill task in this one.
Boneman’s Casady prediction record: 2-1.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 22176Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12149Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10702Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8805Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8651Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8107Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7311Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7062Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6971UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients