Westmoore vs. Norman North Capsule...
By Justin Hite
Norman North Timberwolves (1-0) at Westmoore Jaguars (1-1)
When: 7:30 p.m. Thursday (Robert Przybylo will be there)
Where: Moore Stadium
Norman North (0-2)
Why the Timberwolves can win: Norman North brings a talented backfield and a strangely unique offense. The Power-I formation has almost evaporated from high school football, which makes the Timberwolves a difficult team to prepare for.
Why the Jaguars can win: Westmoore was within striking distance last week against Southmoore and its change of mentality seems to be paying off. The Jaguars are averaging more than 200 yards on the ground per game and have shown the ability to score from anywhere on the field.
Key matchup: Westmoore running game vs. Norman North defensive front. The Timberwolves have given up 501 yards on the ground in their first two games and the Jaguars love to pound the football.
The pick: Westmoore 24, Norman North 17. It’ll be close, but an emerging Trevor Thompson at quarterback and running back Cody Feuerborn will be too much for the Timberwolves to slow down.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10710Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10389Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10187Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9807Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6458Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4074Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4073Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 3712OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3641Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 3479How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients