FMQ: PC run game going strong
Before we get to the Friday Morning Quarterback view of the Putnam City win over Choctaw on Thursday night, here’s the link to the game story of the Pirates’ 42-22 win.
Choctaw breakdown: I don’t understand why this team isn’t better. They’ve got athletes, size, strength, offensive weapons. The defense obviously had a rough night on Thursday, especially in key situations.
PC scored twice on fourth-and-short plays from outside the 20-yard line. The Pirates were in second-and-22 and Caleb Lee looked like he was going to be sacked before breaking free for a 40-yard TD run. And there were other instances when Choctaw gave up a big play to let PC out of a jam. And it was second-and-15 when Casey Curtis broke free for a 64-yard TD run.
Big plays at the worst possible times for Choctaw. The offense got going in the second half, but it was too late by that point. Corey Bennett finished with 197 yards, including a 66-yard score. Tanner Hessman is an impressive athlete and a hard runner.
But something’s obviously missing for the ‘Jackets. It just eludes me what it is.
Putnam City breakdown: Casey Curtis and Desmond Tilly were fantastic, combining for 307 yards on 32 carries, and the offensive line was giving them huge holes to run through all night. They used a tight end at times to help out on Choctaw DE Hunter Davis, which was beneficial.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 38644Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15211Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9740Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9154Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8873Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7777Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7381Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7081Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5938Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5914Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients