Moore vs. Southmoore Capsule...
By Justin Hite
Moore Lions (0-2) at Southmoore SaberCats (2-0)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: Moore Stadium
Why the Lions can win: It’s obvious that the Lions are a completely different football team this season. Still loaded with juniors, the Lions will get better every week as that group gains experience. The defense has been the most impressive — only giving up five touchdowns in two games.
Southmoore SaberCats (2-0)
Why the SaberCats can win: There are plenty of options around sophomore quarterback Tre Edwards. Andrew Long can take it to the house on any play, but the real surprise is tight end Jackson Stallings. Stallings has become a major threat for the SaberCats’ offense.
Key matchup: Tre Edwards vs. Moore defense. The Lions’ defense has improved every week and Moore will lean on the unit against a sophomore quarterback. Meanwhile, Edwards will take his place behind center for his first high school start.
The pick: Southmoore 31, Moore 7. Southmoore’s offense will take a hit without Kendal Thompson behind center, but an improving defense will slow down the Lions. At the end of the day, Southmoore will have a little too much for Moore.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients