Edmond honor: Cale Olbert, Memorial...
By Robert Przybylo
This might be the first time a Player of the Week honor is going to someone who didn’t score a touchdown. Yes, it’s true that Edmond Memorial RB Cale Olbert did not punch it in Friday in the win against rival Edmond North.
But you know what? He did just about everything else. With Kameron Doolittle hobbled, Olbert was the workhorse time and time again and has earned the Edmond honor.
Olbert is going to have to play a big role if the Bulldogs are going to continue their hot start. He adds a perfect blend to the offensive game. And we know how good that defense is.
Grant Bohuslavicky, Memorial, Football: Scored a touchdown and made big catches all night in the win against North.
Travis Townsend, North, Football: For three quarters, deadly accurate. Made good decisions all night long against Memorial.
Ty Hensley, Santa Fe, Football: Hensley scored the Wolves’ touchdown in a 41-6 loss at Midwest City.
Michael Coleman, Deer Creek, Football: Defense caused seven turnovers against Tecumseh and Coleman had an INT return for a touchdown.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24112Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13400Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10660Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10343UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7789Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6928Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6551Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6286Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6076Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4932OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients