Private schools honor: LaRone Richardson, Irish...
By Robert Przybylo
Don’t do this too often, but he certainly deserved it. It’s rare that a losing team gets the Player of the Week honor, but I’m not going to deny what Bishop McGuinness RB LaRone Richardson did against Millwood.
Last year it was six touchdowns. This time it was ‘only’ five. Richardson must wish he faced the Falcons every week as he just seems to be able to handle that team.
In a 48-41 loss, Richardson ran for three touchdowns, threw for another and caught another. Trailing 20-0 at one point, the Irish stormed back to make it one of the best games of the week.
Richardson has been healthy this season so far and that’s one big reason why the Irish are contenders for the 4A gold ball. Up next is a Friday district opener against Clinton (I will be there).
Barry J. Sanders, Heritage Hall, Football: Added three more touchdowns to his total as the Chargers earned a tough 21-12 win at Davis.
CHA offensive line: Crusaders rushed for 342 yards, averaging nearly 10 yards a pop, in big 42-25 win against rival Oklahoma Christian.
Meredith Zerby, Heritage, Cross Country: Zerby was the leading runner for the Chargers, placing 12th at the Kingfisher meet.
Jack Bickford, Casady, Cross Country: Bickford finished 10th in the small schools run at the Edmond Dog Pack meet on Friday.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 17374Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 16681Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 7769Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients