Scott's Lock: Tiger Time
I know Tuttle fans aren’t going to care for this. After last week, you guys were practically begging me to lock Bridge Creek this Friday.
So please accept my apologies as I tell you I’m locking the Tuttle Tigers this week. Sorry.
After the Week 1 loss, I wondered whether the Tigers were going to need some time to fill the gaps from departed players like Ethan Biddy from last year’s team. Beating Elgin was an impressive victory.
And after briefly visiting with Bridge Creek QB Ryan Spangler earlier this week — primarily to talk basketball with the 6-foot-8 senior — I came away thinking Tuttle was going to be too much. Spangler just didn’t seem to be real confident in the way the Bobcat offense is playing right now. It’s not that he didn’t think Bridge Creek could or would win, but he knows Bridge Creek will have to play better than it has so far this season to win – which is why I’m picking their neighbors nine miles to the north in this one.
On that topic, it really surprises me that these two teams have never played each other before, being just right down the road from each other.
I think the Bridge Creek offense is getting things together again, but that Tuttle D will cause enough problems to put the Tiger offense in good situations and win the game.
Of course, I’m 1-2 for the season on my locks, riding the wave of a two-game losing streak. So take it for what it’s worth.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 22062Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13856Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 11034Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10900UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7641Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
- 7472Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6309Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 5703Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5621Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5179Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients