Softball: Blanchard takes back No. 1 spot...
By Robert Przybylo
If you follow my football rankings, you see that I don’t penalize teams that win, and I don’t penalize teams that lose in extremely competitive games against other talented teams.
Having said that, I was a little miffed when looking at the new softball rankings at OKRankings.com and saw Blanchard has knocked off Little Axe for the top spot in 4A.
The Indians haven’t lost in September. They’ve beaten Purcell, Lawton Mac, Colbert and other top teams. That’s not to say the Lions haven’t been great during this span, too. Honestly, Kristin Vesely’s squad had made big statements, including the win against Tuttle.
The other news is Dewar has taken the top spot from Fort Cobb-Broxton in Class A. Dragons are ridin’ the high from winning last year’s slowpitch title.
Rankings always play themselves out anyway so not too much to get worked up about. Just found it interesting in 4A. Other than that, no changes in the top spots (Edmond North, Carl Albert, Purcell, Healdton, and Leedey).
Class 6A: 1. Edmond North; 2. Yukon; 3. Broken Arrow; 4. Moore; 5. Owasso; 6. Midwest City; 7. Jenks; 8. Bartlesville; 9. Union; 10. Sand Springs.
Class 5A: 1. Carl Albert; 2. Lawton Mac; 3. McAlester; 4. Tahlequah; 5. Grove; 6. Pryor. 7. Coweta; 8. El Reno; 9. Deer Creek; 10. Skiatook.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15647OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 15447Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 10056'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 9335Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 8950Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7906Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 7604Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7402Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7043Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 7042Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients