Softball: No. 1 Edmond North vs. No. 2 Yukon...
By Robert Przybylo
Bored on a Tuesday night? Come join me and other softball fanatics for one of the best late-season matchups you’re going to find.
Tuesday night features No. 1 Edmond North at No. 2 Yukon. Really, does anything else need to be said? Both of these teams were expected to be among the best. Neither has disappointed.
Between the two, they have a combined six losses (Yukon 3, EN 3). They’ve both been ranked No. 1 in the class. The Huskies are entering their second week atop the perch.
They both have loads of talented players. Yukon – take your pick. From Amanda Madden to Kylie Lang to Whitney Ellis to Madi Ellis, good luck with that group. North has been paced by the pitching of Madison Nordyke and Jordan Dixon. Hitting, it’s been Abby Taliaferro and Kady Self anchoring everything.
The teams met nearly a month ago (Aug. 24) with North eking out a 1-0 win. I was knee-deep in football preview stuff and didn’t make it out there. That won’t be the case this time.
Is this a rematch of the state championship? Powers like Broken Arrow and Moore will have something to say about that, but this is one heckuva matchup for a Tuesday night. Should be fun.
Had to wait for the new OKRankings to come out at midnight just to confirm it’s No. 1 vs. No. 2. Yep, it is.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24523Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15852Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10645Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9696Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9156Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8753Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8578Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7656Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 7634Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6870UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients