Bridge Creek's Ryan Spangler narrowing his choices
A strong summer performance on the AAU basketball circuit helped Bridge Creek’s Ryan Spangler increase his college options from four to 22 scholarship offers, and now the 6-foot-7 senior is trying to narrow the field back down.
Spangler, who averaged 26.4 points and 18.2 rebounds for the Bobcats last winter, has made official visits to Tulsa and Colorado the last two weekends, with trips scheduled for Gonzaga this weekend and TCU on Oct. 2. He currently expects to choose between those four schools.
“Colorado was a good trip. It’s really pretty up there. I’m looking forward to seeing Gonzaga, too,” Spangler said, adding that his basis for picking a school will remain simplified.
“I just want to see if I feel right with the team and if I like the coaches.”
While his offers range from the Washington-based Zags to Penn State and a variety in between, Spangler has not received offers from Oklahoma or Oklahoma State. But he says he isn’t bothered by that fact.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 21842Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 19892Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7892Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
- 7794Oklahoma storms: 2 Shawnee men victims of deadly tornado
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients