Lawton: Brandon Bartlett named starting QB...
By Robert Przybylo
Some coaches can say anything, and it makes you feel positive no matter how tough the situation is. Lawton coach Randy Breeze definitely fits that mold.
Sure the Wolverines lost QB Cody Miller for the season with a torn ACL and meniscus. Does he seem worried? Not at all.
I think back to 1999 and the Rams. They thought their season was over when Trent Green went down. An unheard of Kurt Warner took over. We all know the story from there.” – Breeze
So who is going to replace Miller? Brandon Bartlett. Bartlett was in a competition with Kyle Fultz, and Breeze said Bartlett has earned the job. Fultz is still a pretty big part of this team as the starting TE and backup on the defensive line.
Breeze said he was a little worried about how the team would respond, but he said the team has been very upbeat. “The character of these kids is incredible.”
Lawton is more than Miller. And heck, if the Wolverines are going to beat Mustang, it’s going to be because of the team’s stellar defense. Names like Deaquan Wojciechowski and Tyrequek Zimmerman are going to have to take a backseat to Carter Grigg and Richard Sheridan.
It should be a great football game. It’s a tremendous way to start the district season. We’re looking forward to it.” – Breeze
Mustang (2-1) is at third-ranked Lawton (3-0) on Friday at Cameron Stadium.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16352OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 13509Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12593Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 9784Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9412Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7721Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7510Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7432'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 7083Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6955Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients