Del City vs. Edmond North Capsule...
By Robert Przybylo
Del City (1-2) at Edmond North (1-2)
When: 7 p.m. Thursday
Where: UCO’s Wantland Stadium (I will be there)
Del City (L – Midwest City 35-13, W – Norman North 41-14, L – Norman 41-6)
Why the Eagles can win: There was a lot of pressure to open up Kalsu Stadium with a win last week. Away from home, maybe the team can just concentrate on playing their game. The offensive explosion should be back as long as they don’t put the ball on the ground.
North (L- Southmoore 40-19, W – Choctaw 24-13, L – Memorial 17-6)
Why the Huskies can win: Because despite the loss to the Bulldogs, North showed it can get its passing game going. Travis Townsend has a whole bunch of options to pitch-and-catch it all over the place. There should be more holes in the DC defense for the Huskies to exploit.
Key matchup: North secondary vs. Chazten Gonzales. In two ways. One is the obvious about trying to stop his passing attack. But the other is in the running game. Gonzales finds his way to the second level of the defense repeatedly in the run game. North is going to have to make the sure tackle every single time.
The pick: Del City 23, Edmond North 21. Ooh, I went back and forth about three times when it came to this game. Tough to get a read on these two teams. And both need the win, don’t wanna be 1-3 and 0-1 in district.
Boneman’s Del City prediction record: 1-2.
Boneman’s North prediction record: 3-0.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21771Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7615Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6773OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6490OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5293Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4906Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4032Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3938Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3498Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3146Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients