FMQ: Bethany defense throws another shutout
Time for the Friday Morning Quarterback examination of Bethany’s 42-0 win over John Marshall. No need to wait around. Let’s get right too it:
Bethany breakdown: It was an impressive performance from the Bronchos in all facets of the game. They have a tough road ahead if they’re going to make a run at a home playoff berth in a district with Kingfisher, Heritage Hall and Newcastle. But there’s no doubting they’ve got some serious talent. And regardless of the opponent, three straight shutouts is impressive.
John Marshall isn’t a top 10 team right now, but they’re not a bad team, either. Bethany made them look like a bad football team Thursday night. The Bears had one rushing play that accounted for 42 yards by Kody Shields, and the rest of the night, they only gained 28 yards (including losses of 9 and 15 yards when shotgun snaps flew over QB Devion Smith’s head).
The Bethany defense has speed at every position, and the front four were disruptive all night, recording multiple tackles for loss. DE Brett Gilstrap made a great play snatching a screen pass out of the air and taking it back for a touchdown. The linebackers run to the ball well and the DBs aren’t afraid to come up and hit.
Offensively, Devin Campbell rushed 19 times for 164 yards and a touchdown, giving him 653 and nine TDs for the season. He’s a shifty runner with some power, too. And with Ryley Claborn throwing the ball around the way he did Thursday night, the Bronchos are dangerously balanced.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients