Game preview: Ada at Southeast
Ada (1-2) at Southeast (3-0)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: C.B. Speegle Stadium
Last week: Ada got its first win, 63-6 over US Grant. Southeast stayed unbeaten with a 31-6 win over Capitol Hill.
Why Ada could win: Southeast hasn’t faced a team that can run the ball the way Ada can, led by Nathan Blakely at 289 yards through three games. Yes, Ada has lost twice, but those losses were to a pair of top 10 teams, Ardmore and McAlester. So the 1-2 record shouldn’t suggest that this team is a slouch.
Why SE could win: This team is playing with as much confidence as they’ve had in these players’ careers. Jay Gogue keeps the offense moving with his rushing ability, and the defense has been solid from the start. This team is looking to make some noise in this district, and this would be a good opportunity to get people to take notice.
Key matchup: Southeast defensive front vs. Ada run game. Ada doesn’t like to throw the ball much, so if Southeast can slow the rushing attack, it forces the Cougars into a type of game they don’t want to play. But if Ada moves the ball on the ground, it falls right into their game plan.
The pick: Ada 34, Southeast 27. I’m not completely counting Southeast out of this one, but I think Ada will have too much size and depth for the Spartans.
– Scott Wright, firstname.lastname@example.org
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11499Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8698Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 7434How to help tornado victims
- 4914Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 2111Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 1490Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 1406Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 954Hospitals treat more than 120 after Oklahoma tornado
- 936Expert rips Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation's handling of murder case
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients