Edmond honor: Taler Buck, Deer Creek...
By Robert Przybylo
The best of the best in the state (and some out of state clubs) for cross country were in Stillwater this weekend for the OSU Cowboy Jamboree.
And while Bishop McGuinness earned the 4A-5A boys title, nobody could touch Deer Creek’s Taler Buck in the individual competition.
Buck won the event by a staggering 18 seconds. And his time would have been good enough to place him fourth in the 6A competition, giving him Edmond Player of the Week honors.
The Antlers have one of the deepest squads in 5A and placed second to the Irish. Blaine Powell was 11th and Kody Ewing took 16th.
Jarion Tudman, North, Football: Welcome to Oklahoma, Tudman. The transfer from Amarillo came alive for 212 yards and 3 TDs in a win against Del City.
Ry Huff, Memorial, Football: Might see even more time this week and showed glimpses of what he can do with a touchdown in a 17-7 loss.
Abby Taliaferro, North, Softball: Taliaferro has been one of the best hitters for Rick Nordyke’s club all season and has done it in the biggest games.
Alex Hodges, Santa Fe, Volleyball: If it wasn’t for Memorial, we’d be talking about Hodges and the Wolves who are ranked No. 2 in 6A.
Taylor Melchert, Deer Creek, Cross Country: The girls placed sixth at the Jamboree with Melchert leading the way earning 36th.
Arya Bahreini, Santa Fe, Cross Country: His stellar season continued in Stillwater, too, placing fourth as the Wolves earned 10th.
Alex Shook, Memorial, Cross Country: Six was the magic number as Shook earned it individually and the team did the same at the Jamboree.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 25487Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17319Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9536OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8741Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7985Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7943UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7139Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6051Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5454Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4574Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients