Mid-Del honor: Greg Austin, Midwest City...
By Robert Przybylo
OK, I felt a little pressure Friday night. Went out and said Midwest City was my LOCK of the week over Yukon. And when Scott Wright was keeping me posted Friday, was starting to sweat.
And then Greg Austin took over. In the blink of an eye, a 21-6 deficit became a 48-21 victory. Austin came up huge, throwing for 256 yards and four touchdowns. He also ran for another.
With his performance, the Bombers showed they’re still the team to beat in the OKC area and has earned Austin the Mid-Del Player of the Week.
James Flanders, Midwest City, Football: After being shutdown in the first half, came alive to rush for more than 100 yards and a touchdown.
Greg Johnson, Del City, Football: Nobody played harder on the Eagles squad than Johnson, who did all he could in a 36-21 loss to Edmond North.
Carl Albert offensive line: With all those touchdown runs by the Titans last week, can’t just pick one. This line has absolutely dominated the competition the last three weeks.
Madisyn Long, Carl Albert, Softball: Titans survived another week as the top-rated team and Long had a six-RBI game against Guthrie.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients