OKC Player of the Week: Douglass RBs Aliston Cobb, Diontay Washington
After playing a challenging non-district schedule, the Douglass Trojans needed a breather, and they got it in a 62-21 win over Tecumseh. And it was a dominating performance from the running backs that led the way.
Aliston Cobb rushed for 117 yards on 12 carries and Diontay Washington had 103 on 12 carries as the Trojans piled up 350 yards on the ground.
That run game even opened up some passing opportunities for QB Shon Bridges, who had his best game to date through the air. Bridges was 7-of-11 for 175 yards, including a 71-yard TD toss to Marcus Caddell.
Darion Bogus and Kenneth Davis, Star Spencer: Bogus had his best throwing week of the season, throwing for 157 yards on 6-of-12 completions in the victory over Chandler. Davis, a sophomore, forced two turnovers, scored a TD and had 16 tackles.
Kevonte Richardson, Millwood: Richardson’s season has been crazy good so far — more to come on that in Thursday’s paper — and Friday was no different. Richardson was 10-of-16 for 226 yards and three TDs. He also rushed five times for 46 yards.
Trevyone Willis and London Potts, Northeast: Willis scored twice as the Vikings fell to a top-10 team, lexington. Potts threw two TD passes, one to Willis and one to Aron Gaines.
Terry Arnold, Northwest: Arnold caught a 36-yard TD pass from Christian Gorham. Arnold has been one of the Knights’ most reliable weapons at receiver all year.
– Send POW nominations to Scott Wright at email@example.com
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients