Private schools honor: Austin Brooks, OCS...
By Robert Przybylo
I’ll be keeping this one brief because you can read a whole lot more about this in Tuesday’s paper. But I thought it was a misprint to see Oklahoma Christian win and not see the name Jack Warren.
He’s the straw that stirs the drink for the Saints. But he wasn’t there last week, out with a concussion. So in came a sophomore who has never played quarterback. And all Austin Brooks did was a throw a couple of touchdowns and run for another in a shutout win against Chisholm.
For making the most out of a difficult situation and showing OCS fans the future is bright, Brooks is the Private Schools Player of the Week.
Barry J. Sanders, Heritage Hall, Football: Sanders added another four touchdowns, all in the first half, as the Chargers routed Centennial.
Cooper Cloud, Heritage, Football: He didn’t throw many passes, but the ones he did he sure made count. Cloud threw three touchdowns in the win.
LaRone Richardson, McGuinness, Football: Rushed for a touchdown and more than 100 yards in a 29-14 loss for the Irish to Clinton.
Garrison Lee, Casady, Football: With Cassius Calhoun taking over at RB, it’s allowed Lee to dominate on defense. He had 15 tackles in the Cyclones 10-7 win against Irving Cistercian.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients