Week 4: What we learned in the Tulsa area...
Matt Baker of the Tulsa World is back as always on Monday to fill us in on what happened on the east side of the state:
Three quick things we learned in Tulsa from the first week of district play:
* Wagoner is for real. We’ve got the Bulldogs ranked first in Class 4A, and I saw why Friday night. Wagoner shut out a 3-0 Vinita team and scored on its first five possessions. Vinita had only 114 total yards – and would have had even fewer, had Wagoner penalties not kept drives alive.
Quarterback Prince McJunkins is a legitimate D-I prospect, and safety/receiver Jimmy Carter is one of the best playmakers I’ve seen this year. Add in a solid linebacker corps (led by Jeremy Applegate and Nick Cody), and Wagoner is the team to beat in 4A.
* Muskogee quarterback Victor Williams might be the best player you haven’t heard of. The junior is a three-year starter and is having a monster 2010 season. He accounted for four touchdowns in a 41-40 win over Southmoore. He was 13-of-20 passing for 301 yards and rushed for 172 more yards.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 57337Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14801Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9259Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7518Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6644Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6577Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6568How to help tornado victims
- 6479Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6305Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 5197Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients