Softball: Edmond North, Carl Albert hold steady at No. 1...
By Robert Przybylo
Edmond North coach Rick Nordyke and Carl Albert coach Colin White can breathed a sigh of relief. A late change by the OSSAA had the 5A-6A rankings extended by one week.
The Titans and the Huskies each lost twice last week. However, in the new OKRankings.com poll that came out about 30 minutes ago, nothing to fear. Carl Albert and Edmond North are still No. 1 and will have the top seed in their respective class.
Edmond North lost that thriller to Yukon and arguably could have dropped. However, the Millerettes were unable to capitalize on that, losing three times last weekend.
Stephanie Riley’s Moore squad made a nice jump of its own as the Lions are at No .3, their highest ranking of the season. A win against Midwest City was huge in that jump up.
In 5A, a lot of waves about Coweta ruling one of its own players ineligible, but it had no bearing on the ranking. The rankings are done by the coaches. The player, not ID’d, was ruled ineligible by the school and not by the OSSAA, interestingly enough.
Just about there. Next week is the state tournament for Class B-4A. Whoo hoo. Ye softball weather gods, I’m already asking you for good stuff next week.
The final 6A-5A rankings.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11235Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 11138Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5575Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 5081Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4332OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4278Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4021How to help tornado victims
- 3839Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 3543Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 3013Name of missing Kingfisher teen released
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients