Southmoore: A little fine-tuning needed...
By Justin Hite
The Southmoore SaberCats got a big surprise last week against Muskogee. Not only did the SaberCats lose 41-40 after a last-second field goal went wide, but the game plan went a little askew.
“We felt like we had a pretty good grasp on the game,” Southmoore coach Chris Jensen said. “Our game plan going in, or at least I thought it going it, was because they had so many two-way players and we thought we could wear them down towards the end and we’d finish it out.”
The only problem was that Muskogee never wore down and Southmoore was never able to force its will on the Roughers, Jensen said.
The one player that stuck out the most to Jensen was Muskogee’s linebacker/running back Brandon McGee.
“I can’t imagine how hard that kid works in practice,” Jensen said.
Jensen said that his players still worked hard and the SaberCats just have to “fine tune” their focus and “make sure we are making plays when we need to make plays.” “There were a couple times when we didn’t make plays in critical situations and that was the difference in the game,” Jensen said.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 22453Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12179Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10764Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9050Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8838Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8708Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8233Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7793Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7164Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 7066UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients