Moore: Simplifying the offense...
By Justin Hite
Four weeks into the season Moore coach Scott Myers sensed his offense needed a change. The Lions had struggled with the football. After a loss to Choctaw last week, Moore might get simpler offensively.
“It’s just something we’ll continue to work at,” Myers said. “A little bit of it is limiting some of the things that we do. Instead of trying to be decent at a lot of things, try to get really good at a few less things.”
Moore (0-4) is averaging less than 10 points per game and hasn’t been able to get consistent production from its offense all season. The Lions will host Edmond Memorial on Friday.
“I think we’ve continued to play well,” Myers said. “We’re just not finishing and getting everything synced up all the way through.”
Moore has one issue to correct with its defense that has been improving since Week 1. The Lions got dominated on the ground against Choctaw, but only statistically. Coach Scott Myers said most of the yards came off big plays, which were the result of being a little over anxious.
“I think a lot of it was we played well; we just gave up some big plays,” Myers said. “The majority of it was over pursuit.”
Luckily of Myers, that’s something that easily fixable.
“You can’t correct getting there faster, but I can correct slowing them down.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients