Game preview: Shawnee at Norman
Shawnee (2-2, 0-1) at No. 10 Norman (4-0, 1-0)
When: 7:30 p.m. Thursday
Where: Harve Collins Field, Norman
Last week: Shawnee suffered a 55-0 setback at home to No. 1 Jenks in its first Class 6A district game in more than a decade. Norman coasted by Sapulpa 38-7.
Why Shawnee could win: The best thing Shawnee has going for it right now is that no one really knows what this offense is going to look like. QB Brayle Brown had to move to receiver last week because of a shoulder injury that prevents him from throwing, and Hunter Holley has taken over behind center. The offense didn’t get a chance to show itself against Jenks last week, so Norman comes into this game playing blind just a little.
Why Norman could win: DEEEEE-fense. Three teams have scored seven points against them, and the other only scored six. On top of that, the offense, anchored by the run game of Donovan Roberts, seems to be playing with greater confidence lately, scoring 79 total points the last two weeks. QB Zach Long is only a sophomore, but the son of former OU offensive coordinator Chuck Long is getting the job done. Roberts has 684 yards and 10 TDs for the season.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 25098Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17202Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9497OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8681Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7965Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7715UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7025Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 5941Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5360Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4404Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients