Game preview: Westmoore at US Grant
By Justin Hite and Scott Wright
Westmoore Jaguars (2-2) at U.S. Grant (0-4)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: U.S. Grant
Why the Jaguars can win: It’s true. Westmoore has gone old school. The Jaguars love to pound the ball and play defense. The thing is…they do both pretty well. Aside from a Week 2 game against Southmoore, Westmoore has given up an average of less than 10 points per game. They shut out Edmond Santa Fe last week.
U.S. Grant (0-4)
Why the Generals can win: The new coaching staff put in an offense that was more complex than what any of these kids had run before, so they knew it would take some time to get everybody on the same page. But it will take a defensive performance from the Generals to get it done this week, because Westmoore’s defense is strong, so you can’t expect big points.
Justin’s key matchup: U.S. Grant running game vs. Westmoore front seven. Sure, it’s a tough matchup for U.S. Grant, but if the Generals are going to break through at all, it’s going to have to be here. The only problem is the Westmoore defensive front has gotten better every week.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients