Sapulpa vs. Southmoore Capsule...
By Justin Hite
Sapulpa Chieftains (2-2) at Southmoore SaberCats (3-1)
When: 7 p.m. Thursday
Where: Moore Stadium
Why the Chieftains can win: Sapulpa is odd. So far this season, the Chieftains have played two games at home and two on the road. The strange thing is that their two losses have come at home. By the associative property of football can we determine that Sapulpa is a better road team than home team? Probably not, but their record is better and they’ve had plenty of success away from home.
Why the SaberCats can win: Southmoore gets its second-straight Tulsa-area opponent. The difference between Muskogee and Sapulpa isn’t the teams, but that the game is in Moore. That and the Southmoore offense isn’t facing quite as stout a defense. There’s no denying that Southmoore can score points, the SaberCats average just less than 45 points per game. It’ll be nice for Southmoore to return home, but now three weeks out of a knee sprain will quarterback Kendal Thompson play?
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 18732Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 15952Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 10745How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2638Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 2099Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 1489Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 1234Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients