El Reno vs. Carl Albert Capsule...
By Robert Przybylo
El Reno (2-2, 1-0) at Carl Albert (3-1, 1-0)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: Jim Harris Stadium, CA
Why the Indians can win: This is a pretty big chore to ask of Tom Cobble’s team. The biggest thing that could lead to success if flustering Titans quarterback Taylor Hawkins early and forcing him into mistakes. From there, the underdog’s confidence could grow.
Carl Albert (L- BTW 12-10, W – Ardmore 34-6, W – Duncan 42-10, W – Western Heights 50-6)
Why the Titans can win: Too many weapons on offense. More specifically, too many rushing weapons. Take your pick of Kenton Whittington, Darvonta Knight, Tyre LeBlanc or Hawkins running behind what might be the best offensive line in the class.
Key matchup: El Reno offense vs. CA defense. Titans defense is no slouch, either. Indians don’t really have the offensive firepower that they’ve had in the last two years with Jakeil Everheart. CA hasn’t had a bad defensive outing yet this season.
The pick: Carl Albert 42, El Reno 17. Titans rush to big early lead and rest most of their starters late in the game and cruise to district victory.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients