Game preview: Midwest City at PC North
Midwest City (4-0, 1-0) at Putnam City North (2-2, 1-0)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: Putnam City Stadium
Midwest City (W- Del City 35-13, W – Enid 34-27, W – Santa Fe 41-6, W – Yukon 48-21)
Why the Bombers could win: Because there is nothing that this team hasn’t seen. Offensively, Greg Austin came alive last week to go with an already scary talent in James Flanders. Defense stiffened up after a sluggish first half and this team appears to be the real deal.
We can’t continue starting games out the way we are. We’re having good practices, but we have to find a way to fix that.” coach Steve Huff
PC North (L – Putnam City 16-7, L – Mustang 27-14, W – PC West 52-14, W – Edmond Memorial 17-7)
Why the Panthers could win: After a rough 0-2 start, the Panthers are feeling a little more confident following a 17-7 win over a ranked Edmond Memorial team. And now, the backfield will finally get to see how productive it can be with both RBs, Sam Wolfe and Dre Holman, available. Holman is returning after missing the first four games with injuries. And the defense has been stellar with the Ross brothers, Nate and Brad, anchoring the front seven.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 83313Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 56374Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 33323Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 23846Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 23231Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8483Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 8265Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 8253Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 7999Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7772Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients