Southeast at Deer Creek Capsule...
Southeast (3-1, 0-1) at Deer Creek (2-2, 0-1)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: Antlers Stadium
Southeast (W – US Grant 39-6, W – Star Spencer 27-14, W – Capitol Hill 31-6, L – Ada 41-0)
Why the Spartans can win: This is a team that believes it belongs in the playoff race. They still have some depth issues and most of their key players are going both ways. But the defense is strong and the offense has guys who can make plays.
Deer Creek (W – Piedmont 35-14, L – Shawnee 33-26, W – Tecumseh 35-14, L – Guthrie 41-7)
Why the Antlers can win: Because they’ve made the necessary adjustments to playing without Colten Sander. They woke up in the second half of the loss against the Bluejays. And if they’re going to have hopes for a playoff berth, this is as close to a must-win as you’ll see.
The second half we saw a lot of good things and started to play the way we can. We need to build off of that, and we’re going to be OK.” – coach Grant Gower
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15646Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9491Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8139Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 7219Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6377Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6374Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5867Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 5666Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients