Chickasha honors Kody Turner and family...
By Robert Przybylo
It was tough for me to remember there was a football game Friday in Chickasha. The evening took a backseat to the beautiful ceremonies held to honor Kody Turner and his family.
Special thanks to the Chickasha administration for their help and cooperation during the last two weeks. Special thanks to Turner’s mother, Crystal Coleman, who did not have to agree to an interview. She’s been incredibly strong throughout.
And special thanks to my partner out there in Chickasha on Friday, photographer Sarah Phipps.
Here is my story from Sunday’s paper trying to describe what the last two weeks have been like (you really can’t, though).
Phipps has chimed in with her own photo blog about the Friday night experience, here ya go.
Here is a short video to try to help ya get a feel of what it was like out there:
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13976Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9656Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9589Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8454Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6577Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6030Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 5383Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 4779Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 4600Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 4155Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients