Moore honor: Andrew Long, Southmoore...
By Justin Hite
As his quarterback continues to miss games, Southmoore running back Andrew Long does nothing but carry his team more and more. In a 51-27 victory against Sapulpa last Friday, Long rushed for 215 yards on 32 carries and scored two touchdowns. He also caught two passes for 12 yards as he earned the Moore Player of the Week honor.
Long also eclipsed the 1,000-yard and 10-touchdown mark for the season and is averaging 11.3 yards per carry.
Others in consideration:
Noemi Hernandez, Westmoore cross country: Hernandez led the Westmoore Jaguars to a second-place finish in Mustang last Thursday. With a time of 11:56.50, Hernandez finished in second place. It was also Hernandez’ best time of the season.
Hernandez has finish in the top-6 in all fives races this year and has finished in second place on three separate occasions.
Bryan Norris, Westmoore football: As the Jaguars earned their second-straight shutout, Norris hauled down 11 ball carriers. The senior linebacker led the team in total tackles as well as solo tackles — he had six.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14891OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9440Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6703Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6232Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6155Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 6060Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4124As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3925Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3685Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3113Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients