Private schools honor: Barry J. Sanders, Heritage Hall...
By Robert Przybylo
He’s set the bar so high for himself that’s it has become increasingly tough to be surprised at the skills of Heritage Hall junior Barry J. Sanders.
But what he did Friday night in a blowout of Tulsa NOAH had my jaw dropping again. Sanders rushed for 313 yards and five touchdowns as the Chargers continue to make a statement in Class 3A.
Sanders has routinely put two- or three-touchdown outings that I don’t bat an eye at those. However, this was the type of statement that sure silence some critics. And in the short term, it’s this performance that has earned him the Private Schools Player of the Week.
The Chargers have another big test this week with Newcastle (I’ll be there).
Jamaal Whitney, McGuinness, Football: Whitney broke through for a big one with a 90-yard kickoff return for a touchdown in a 21-14 victory at Woodward.
Mac Katigan, Casady, Football: Gets better with every game. Katigan is proving to be a solid running option for the Cyclones, rushing for three touchdowns in the Dallas Greenhill thumping.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 51863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14915Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9511Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7908Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7474Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6783Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 6733Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6649Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6166How to help tornado victims
- 6095Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients