Week 5: What we learned in the Tulsa area...
He’s back. Matt Baker from the Tulsa World takes us through what made the headlines during Week 5 of the football season:
After seeing four blowouts to start the season, I was finally treated to a close game Friday. And that’s where we’ll start the three things we learned from the Tulsa area:
1. If it’s a close game, look for East Central to prevail: The Cardinals won a squeaker earlier this year, beating Bartlesville, 24-23, in overtime. On Friday, East Central pulled out another tight victory, knocking off Coweta, 24-21, on a 35-yard field goal by Antonio Escobedo with 33 seconds left.
Teammates call Escobedo “Ice Man” because of his ability to make clutch kicks. He made one to beat Ada last year on the road. He drilled one with nine seconds left to force overtime against Bartlesville, and he wasn’t fazed by Coweta’s attempt to ice him Friday. Escobedo could be a huge factor in the playoffs.
2. It’s OK to get back on the Broken Arrow bandwagon. I jumped off of it after a second-half collapse against Union, and I’m sure I’m not alone. But the Tigers’ 70-13 win over Muskogee could be a turning point.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14804OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10332Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6926Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6240Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6240Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5695Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4108Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4061As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3840Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3249Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients