LOCK: Norman's Tigers roar past Southmoore, 33-28...
By Robert Przybylo
Call it a hunch in picking the Tigers over the SaberCats. When Norman comes to Moore Stadium to face Southmoore on Friday, I see one of two things happening.
The first is Norman freezes in a big spotlight. Greg Nation’s team has been the team under the radar all season. And with every win, they’ve turned more heads. But this time, hmm, don’t think people are underestimating this team.
Now at 5-0, no sneaking up on anybody anymore. So what happens when they’re expected to be the team to beat? Moral victories don’t mean anything in this one.
The other (what I’m seeing) is the team embraces this moment. Has been waiting for this opportunity. With offensive studs like Donovan Roberts and Jaime Myers, tough to bet against them.
The defense has been sensational. Anybody who watched the Shawnee game knows the 20 points allowed had no bearing on the game whatsoever. Paced by Greg Offenburger, that was the first game an opponent scored more than 7 points.
Southmoore needs this win in a big way. It appears it will have to do it without Kendal Thompson and that makes it an incredibly tough task.
Sophomore Tre’ Edwards is going to be a stud, but I don’t know if he’s there yet. No doubt that RB Andrew Long definitely is there. But think the Tigers will do enough to stop Long and throw off the offensive balance.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 72931Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14541Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8647Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7401How to help tornado victims
- 6540Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6504Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6358Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6112Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5411Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 5319Details emerge about memorial service for Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients