Casady: Confidence high for Cyclones...
By Robert Przybylo
Casady went through some growing pains in the early part of the season, but the Cyclones are finding their groove now.
After a tough 10-7 win last week, the offense exploded for a season-high 42 points in a 42-14 win at Dallas Greenhill on Friday.
“It was nothing fancy, but we are playing well right now,” coach Koby Scoville said. “We’re on a high right now, both emotionally and with our confidence.”
The running game continues to lead the charge. Junior Cassius Calhoun rushed for 160 yards and a touchdown. Quarterback Mac Katigan rushed for 140 yards on nine carries and added three touchdowns.
Scoville had to miss the game with a back injury but said the Dallas Greenhill administration sent him an e-mail complimenting the Casady staff and players for the way they conducted themselves.
Gotta admit I was wrong about this team. It wasn’t just that they were 0-2, but with a pair of losses by a combined 38 points, it felt like it was going to get worse before it got better.
A couple of things happened. The first, obviously, is that they got more comfortable in their new spots. Cassius Calhoun and Mac Katigan have become big offensive forces.
Kinda knew they would have to for this team to be successful, but that’s a lot different than actually going out there and doing. And what that is allowing is for Garrison Lee and Graham Bennett to dominate on defense. There is no pressure on them to have to pick up the offense.
Really good stuff by Scoville’s kids. And with Dallas St. Marks coming to town, it’s a really good bet this team is going to be 4-3 after starting 0-2.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14417OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 14044Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8989Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7004Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5982Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5451Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5357Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 4703Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4345Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4109'Hatchet hitchhiker' arrested after attorney found dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients