Choctaw vs. Edmond Memorial Capsule...
By Robert Przybylo
Choctaw (2-3) vs. Edmond Memorial (4-1)
When: 7 p.m. Thursday
Where: UCO’s Wantland Stadium (I’ll be there)
Why the Yellowjackets can win: Because the Bulldogs are wounded. This is the perfect opportunity for Bill Bays’ club to come in and sneak out the upset. Choctaw has had much better offensive success this season.
Memorial (W – Santa Fe, W – Stillwater, W – North, L – Putnam North, W – Moore)
Why the Bulldogs can win: Because even if this team is not at 100 percent on offense, the defense should be able to carry the day. Connor Myers and Jared Chambers have been phenomenal through the first half of the season and have needed to be.
Key matchup: Cale Olbert vs. Choctaw front seven. Well, maybe Memorial run game is more accurate. But it sure feels like the Memorial run game is going to feature a lot of No. 29. He has said he doesn’t mind being the workhorse. Good, because he will be once again here.
The pick: Memorial 15, Choctaw 10. If you’re looking for something pretty, you’ve come to the wrong place. This will be a grinder, but Bulldogs get the job done.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15818Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 15704Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11547Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11243'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10839Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9666OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 7447Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6917Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6738Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6691Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients