Del City vs. Westmoore Capsule...
By Robert Przybylo and Justin Hite
Del City (2-3) at Westmoore Jaguars (3-2)
When: 7 p.m. Thursday
Where: Moore Stadium
Del City (2-3)
Why the Eagles can win: Heck, what are you listening to me for? I haven’t been able to figure this team out the entire season. I think last week was a season-saving victory and that this team could build off of it. But I’ve thought that before.
Why the Jaguars can win: The Jaguars can play defense. Back-to-back shutouts are nothing to scoff at, no matter the opponent. Westmoore ranks eighth in points allowed in Class 6A and has given up fewer points each week since its Week 2 loss to Southmoore. Meanwhile, running back Cody Feuerborn is only one score away from his 10th touchdown of the season.
Quote: “We’ll have to make sure we get the D lined up right and make the right reads because you make one mistake against these guys and they’ll take it to the house.” — Westmoore coach Billy Langford.
Boneman’s key matchup: Feuerborn vs. Del City defense. Eagles have not fared well against some good running attacks. Key to stopping the Del City offense is to never let that group on the field.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21951Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13280Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10987Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10877UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7355Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7058Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
- 6253Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 5703Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5606Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5160Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients