Softball B-4A: Day 1...
By Robert Przybylo
Will try to update as much as possible, either here or on Twitter @BPrzybylo. Ye softball weather gods look in favor on us, it appears.
Thoughts and observations
- No. 1s go down. Bethel takes out Purcell and Newcastle takes out Blanchard.
- Washington’s schedule has it ready for this stage. Warriors played so many tough teams, and it showed in a 6-1 win against Morris.
- It is tough to find a better team than Little Axe. Mike Bread’s girls were among the most impressive teams I’ve seen today, in all aspects of the game.
- And another No. 1 bites the dust. Leedey, No. 1 all season, goes down to Coleman 5-2. Say wha?
- Ringling settled down after a rough start with a change of pitchers, but it was too late. Dewar advances.
- Almost an improbable comeback for Meeker. From 9-1 to 9-6 and bases loaded, but Sequoyah-Tahlequah hangs on. Off to football. Back all day Friday.
At ASA Hall of Fame Stadium
Game 1: Newcastle 1, Blanchard 0
Game 3: Cache 5, Oologah 1
Game 2: Little Axe 6, Sequoyah-Claremore 0
Game 4: Tuttle 5, Piedmont 4
Game 5: Newcastle vs. Cache, 2 p.m.
Game 6: Little Axe vs. Tuttle, 4 p.m.
Championship: Winner Game 5 vs. Winner Game 6, 7 p.m.
Game 1: Bethel 4, Purcell 0
Game 2: Washington 6, Morris 1
Game 3: Sequoyah-Tahlequah 9, Meeker 6
Game 4: St. Mary 3, Verdigris 0
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13851OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 13814Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9624Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7322Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7022Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5771Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5205Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5056Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4611Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4176Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients