Norman vs. Southmoore Capsule...
By Justin Hite
Norman Tigers (5-0) at Southmoore SaberCats (4-1)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: Moore Stadium
Why the Tigers can win: Physicality. The Tigers play defense better than anyone. Not only that but their offense fits in perfectly with a talented defense. Norman wears you down on offense and shuts you down on defense. It’s tough to face a team that will hit you in the mouth on offense or defense, but both. That’s why the Tigers are 5-0.
Quote: “We know Southmoore’s defense likes to play hard and every play they are going to go all out, so our offensive line is doing the best they can to step up and be on top of them and hit them first before we can get hit — just try and be four steps ahead of them.” — Norman running back Donovan Roberts
Why the SaberCats can win: Speed. Running back Andrew Long and quarterback Tre Edwards in the backfield and Caleb Willis and Jackson Stallings on the outside. Not to mention an unusual amount of speed in the defensive front. There’s a lot of pressure on Southmoore in this one too. This is the first of three extremely tough games for the SaberCats.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 64632Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14648Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8984Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7016Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6971How to help tornado victims
- 6471Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6275Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5865Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 5834Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 5724Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients