Class 4A volleyball state tournament, final day
5:45 p.m.: Madison Ward with a kill and a block to account for the final two points. Cache is your 4A volleyball state champion.
5:36 p.m.: CHA putting a rally together. Down 20-16.
5:31 p.m.: Cache jumps to a 16-8 lead in the fourth… could they finish it early?
5:20 p.m.: Cache takes a 2-1 lead into the fourth game, earning a 25-18 win. The low-hanging scoreboard at center court hasn’t come into play as much as I thought it would — maybe five or six times that I’ve seen — but a couple of balls got close in the last game. You hope something like that doesn’t get in the way during a crucial point in such a big match.
5:15 p.m.: Another battle going down to the wire. Cache leading 20-17 in the third.
4:56 p.m.: The Crusaders even it up at a game apiece with a 25-17 win in the second. Looking like we’ll be going all five, a fight to the finish.
4:47 p.m.: Cache’s size has been an advantage, offensively and defensively, but CHA is a team full of fighters. They lead the second game 15-12.
4:34 p.m.: Cache finishes it off for the 1-0 win. That’s only the third game CHA has lost in the last 15 matches — 14 straight victories coming into the finals. Cache has a 13-match win streak of its own.
4:28 p.m.: Cache out to a 17-8 lead in the opener. Timeout CHA.
4:17 p.m.: Following pregame introductions, we’re now getting under way with the first game of the best-of-five Class 4A state final between Christian Heritage and Cache.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 87014Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 81959Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34908Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 32757Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 16053Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 13176Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 10447Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 8973Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 8697Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7832Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients